ISSS Basic Training for Beginners
- Are you in a ISSS office that is implementing TDS for the first time?
- Do you have employees who need to quickly get up to speed?
- Do you have new staff who need a solid understanding of TDS?
If you said yes to any of the questions above, this program is ideal for you!
Terra Dotta Boot Camp is a 2-day, hands-on, immersive workshop designed to rapidly build your skills as a Terra Dotta administrator.
As a participant, you will receive access to your own Terra Dotta practice site for 30 days. You will start with a blank copy of the software and wind up with a complete site similar to those used in real-world applications.
Experienced instructors will guide you through exercises that teach core features for building your site and completing daily tasks and processes.
You will leave with a certificate of completion and skills to empower you as a TDS administrator!
Learning Objectives for ISSS Boot Camp
- Navigate functionality of the SEVIS Module, including SEVIS Module settings
- Create and batch new SEVIS update records
- Upload and download SEVIS batches and print associated I-20/DS-2019s
- Review SEVIS batch error codes for issue resolution
- Utilize RTI-Connect for immediate processing
- Manage and update account information
- Utilize staff permissions and permission groups to facilitate data access
- Use all Site Builder tools for making updates to the public webpages
Profiles and Students/Scholars:
- Distinguish between a profile and a record
- Learn to leverage user parameters
- Understand the difference between internal and external users, as well as integrated/non-integrated users
- Gain knowledge of the Student Information System (SIS)/HR Feed and its functions
- Review the Change Manager functionality
- Explore/understand pre-built processes that relate specifically to SEVIS batchable actions and scholars
- Review and begin using tools to customize existing processes in TDS to be tailored to your business needs
- Create custom processes that are not pre-delivered in TDS
- Leverage queries and query watches for automated notifications
- Generate reports necessary for office processes
- Effectively use en masse processing tools for updating multiple records/requests at one time
We are planning to have the next ISSS Boot Camp in Fall 2019. The exact dates and location have not yet been decided. Please check back frequently for updates or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
What does my registration include?
- 2-Day in-person Terra Dotta Boot Camp
- 30-Day access to your own Terra Dotta software site
- Coffee breaks & 2 lunches