Basic Training for Beginners
- Are you in a Study Abroad office that is implementing TDS?
- Do you have employees who need to quickly get up to speed?
- Do you have new staff who need a solid understanding of TDS?
If you said yes to any of the questions above, this program is ideal for you!
Terra Dotta Boot Camp is a 2-day, hands-on, immersive workshop designed to rapidly build your skills as a Terra Dotta administrator.
As a participant, you will receive access to your own Terra Dotta practice site for 30 days. You will start with a blank copy of the software and wind up with a complete site similar to those used in real-world applications.
Experienced instructors will guide you through exercises that teach core features for building your site and completing daily tasks and processes.
You will leave with a certificate of completion and skills to empower you as a TDS administrator!
Learning Objectives for Study Abroad Boot Camp
- Build a public-facing Study Abroad website including programs, announcements, and informational pages.
- Manage account information, partner institutions, and staff permissions.
- Use all site builder tools to ensure your public website is top-notch.
Profiles and Applications:
- Distinguish between a profile and an application.
- Learn to leverage applicant parameters.
- Understand the difference between internal and external users, as well as integrated and non-integrated users.
- Gain knowledge of the Student Information System (SIS)/HR Feed and its function.
- Understand all program types, and how to create and update programs.
- Create and maintain program itineraries.
- Understand program building blocks such as locations and terms.
- Work with program parameters.
- Use all process elements including learning content, materials, signature documents, and questionnaires to build customized applications.
- Access the Terra Dotta Community Library for application development.
- Create and manage application cycles.
- Understand the application lifecycle, including statuses and phases.
- Create decision letters and reminder email schedules.
- Leverage queries and query watches for automated notifications.
- Generate and save reports with ease.
- Apply application tags and understand their benefit.
- Use batch processing tools to process applications in groups instead of individually.
|Dates:||July 23 & 24, 2019|
(University of Colorado Boulder campus)
|Registration Deadline:||July 15, 2019|
What does my registration include?
- 2-Day in-person Terra Dotta Boot Camp
- 30-Day access to your own Terra Dotta software site
- Coffee breaks & 2 lunches
Millennium Harvest House Boulder
1345 28th Street, Boulder, CO 80302
A block of rooms has been reserved for Terra Dotta Boot Camp attendees for the nights of July 22nd and July 23rd. The Millennium Harvest House Boulder hotel is located just 1 mile from campus. One breakfast is included with each room.
Reservations can be made online or by calling (800) 545-6285. Be sure to mention that you are part of the Terra Dotta group.
|Rate:||$169 / night|
|Booking Deadline:||June 28, 2019|
Travel RecommendationsThe Study Abroad Boot Camp will be hosted on CU Boulder's beautiful campus in Boulder, Colorado. It is recommended to fly to the Denver International Airport (DEN), which is a 45-minute drive from the Denver airport by car or an hour via the SkyRide bus service ($13 one way).
Changes & Cancellations
A 50% refund is available for conference registration provided written notification is received on or before June 22, 2019 (1 month before the conference). You also have the option to transfer your full registration cost towards another attendee. No refunds will be made on or after June 22, 2019.