Onboarding & Offboarding Best Practices Workshop
Successfully Managing Staff Changes in Your Office: Onboarding & Offboarding Best PracticesThe Onboarding & Offboarding Workshop is a 2 hour workshop designed for staff at implementing client institutions or for new staff who have not previously worked with Terra Dotta software.
The On-boarding/Off-boarding Workshop is a 2 hour workshop designed for users who are responsible for training new staff members and managing Terra Dotta Software (TDS) permissions. Attendees will learn best practices in onboarding new staff and have the opportunity to develop tools to take back to the office in support of onboarding processes. Then, from hello to goodbye, the topic of offboarding will be addressed in the workshop as it is an equally important part of the employee experience and the management of TDS.
This workshop will be a mixture of lecture, demonstration, and hands-on development. We will discuss strategies for creating a sustainable plan that will have new users excited about TDS and their new job!
In this workshop, we will cover:
- The importance of having an onboarding/offboarding plan
- Best practices for onboarding new staff
- An understanding of what it means to onboard new employees
- Steps to take to successfully and securely offboard former employees
- A network of other users who are implementing an onboarding plan
- An onboarding/offboarding plan to implement at your institution
- Confidence to serve as mentor, guide and trainer of Terra Dotta Software
Date, Time, Cost:Date: Monday, April 16th
Time: 9:00 - 11:00am
Registration:You can register for a Pre-Conference Workshop by itself or in addition to your full TDU Global registration. With either choice, you will need to complete a TDU Global registration form and indicate your preferred Pre-Conference Workshop. If you are already registered for the full TDU Global event, complete the following items to add a workshop:
- Edit your registration form to mark what pre-conference workshop you will attend.
- Use the Pay by Credit Card: Pre-Conference Workshop Only under the "Credit Card Payments" section to pay for the workshop.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.