Study Abroad New User Workshop
Study Abroad New User WorkshopThe Study Abroad New User Workshop is a 4 hour workshop designed for staff at new client institutions or for new staff who have not previously worked with Terra Dotta software.
This workshop, while for beginners, will assume attendees are already familiar with a few main Terra Dotta building blocks: locations, terms, program parameters, and applicant parameters. Attendees should understand the basic functionality of these items, how to build them, and how to edit them. Attendees who are not yet familiar with these topics can click the links above to read Knowledgebase articles and view videos. Terra Dotta will also host a pre-workshop webinar for registered attendees to explain and demonstrate these topics. Webinar information will be sent to registered new user workshop attendees. No other prior knowledge is required.
This workshop will be a mix of lecture, demonstration, and hands-on practice. During the lecture/demo sections, material will be covered in an intensive-format learning environment, so attendees should bring energy and enthusiasm for a fast-paced and fun workshop. During the hands-on sections, Terra Dotta staff will be actively involved with participants to answer questions and assist in a group setting as participants practice with a particular software feature or skill.
During the workshop, participants will receive a comprehensive list of relevant Knowledgebase articles to take away for future use and will be given suggestions for conference sessions that will enhance what they are learning about a particular topic.
In this workshop, you will:
- Gain a better understanding of how to build, edit and configure various elements of the most critical pieces of TDS
- Become more accustomed to common Terra Dotta vocabulary
- Network with other users who are also new to the software
- Practice what you are learning in active working sessions, coached by Terra Dotta staff
- Gain knowledge that will provide context for the rest of the conference
- Program catalog building and editing
- Building your application
- Site development
The second half of the workshop will focus on:
- The applicant experience (demo only)
- Application management from the administrative side
- Program and Application Itineraries
- Simple tips and tricks to help you optimize your use of TDS
Date, Time, Cost:Date: Monday, April 16th
Time: 1:00 - 5:00pm
Registration:You can register for a Pre-Conference Workshop by itself or in addition to your full TDU Global registration. With either choice, you will need to complete a TDU Global registration form and indicate your preferred Pre-Conference Workshop. If you are already registered for the full TDU Global event, complete the following items to add a workshop:
- Edit your registration form to mark what pre-conference workshop you will attend.
- Use the Pay by Credit Card: Pre-Conference Workshop Only under the "Credit Card Payments" section to pay for the workshop.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.